This Glossary is provided to help guests understand more about the rental of inns, resorts and vacation rentals. It is not comprehensive but serves as a primer for terms guests may encounter in renting specialty lodging. Not all terms apply to all properties or managers.
Water Front Accommodations
Buildings or rooms and living units in a building which is along side a body of water, salt or fresh water. Could be major oceans, estuaries, lakes, rivers or streams. Generally means there are no other buildings between the building and the water. Not necessarily Beach Front.
See also: Ocean Front, Beach Front Origin: Vacation Rental Association
When guests can see a body of water (Such as a lake, ocean, pond or river) from some area of the property, not necessarily from all area of the property. May include Full, Partial or Peekaboo Views.
See also: View, Beach View, City View, Mountain View, Resort View Origin: Vacation Rental Association
Develops and markets inclusive tours and individual travel programs to the consumer through travel agents. Wholesaler do not sell directly to the public.
Origin: Vacation Rental Association
A lodging operator who sells occupancy through other parties called retailers
See also: Retailers Origin: Redstone Systems
When putting a property into the rental program, it is necessary of course to shoot advertising photos of a home. But there are many other photos that may prove useful later when attempting to help guests, describe the problem or deal with questions or problems. These are call Manifest Photos. Here are examples:
In general photos should be taken of every closet, nook and cranny, such as:
- The inside of the refrigerator and freezer
- Inside of cabinets, with doors open. Kitchen, bathroom, store rooms.
- Inside of garage and any outside storage closets or buildings.
- Inside of fireplaces and wood stoves.
- Underside of sinks to display pipes.
- Backside of toilets, showers
- Lighting fixtures up close. (labeled by room)
- Furnaces & Air Conditioning units.
- Thermostats & Controls
- Stereos, TV's, DVD's & Cable/satellite controls close up.
- Underside of decks and patios.
- Roofs as best can be seen or photographed.
- Behind TV's, couches, etc.
- Both sides of Doors. Locks (Close ups)
- All furniture, front and back.
- Mattresses without coverings.
- All areas of the yard & Driveway.
- The view from the property out in all directions
- Photos of neighbor buildings from the property.
- Roads as they approach the property.
Origin: William May Link: VacationRentalPhotographers.com